Sunday, August 3, 2008

Celebrate Hillsboro


On to face painting, except the girls wanted their paint to be on their hands. Zoe picked a pink butterfly and Eve picked a pink and blue snake. And then later came back for a yellow butterfly with red dots.


Here are the girls getting their finger casts. When I was a little girl, I used to get thumb casts at the fair, just like they are doing. That's my friend, Nyell, giving them their first finger casts.





Zoe got to climb the rock wall downtown in the free kid's area. She would have gotten a lot higher if her rock-climbing Daddy had been there telling her where to go next. Eve would have done it too but she was too young.


2 comments:

KORTNI GRAY said...

I WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO ZOE'S FINGER UNTIL YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE FINGER CAST. SO WHAT IS IT FOR EXACTLY?

margaretkellar said...

Hey Kortni! The casts are not really for anything. I guess it's mostly so kids can get more comfortable around hospital people in a fun setting plus they get a cool "cast" to walk around with and show people. Plus, the hospital in town has been doing for years (Like I said, I used to get them when I was a kid) so it's a tradition that they do at community events.