Monday, August 11, 2008

Aaron's Letter to NewLife

To My NewLife Family...

When I drove my little non-air-conditioned Toyota into Easton nearly three years ago, I remember asking myself — "Where are the mountains? I thought there were mountains? How will I survive?" Well, needless to say, in our time here my family and I thrived. It was because of your overwhelming love and support that we enjoyed our time here so much. You took such good care of all my ladies. The girls will always miss their NewLife peeps. And you allowed Margaret to rekindle the passion and joy that she once had in ministry.

You gave me incredible freedom and grace to lead you as Christ was leading my heart. I felt nothing but supported in my efforts here and that is essential for health in ministry. Even though we will be hundreds of miles away, we will still be worshiping with you in spirit and truth. Know that we see you as family, because that is what you became to us here, where we were apart from our own. You loved us, and we could never thank you enough.

Thanks for making a longhaired, tree-hugging, mountain climbing, sandal wearing, coffee drinking hippie from the Northwest feel welcome. I’ll miss you, NewLife.

-Aaron

2 comments:

KORTNI GRAY said...

Aaron: It's been great to have had you as a youth/worship pastor and friend. I pray that you follow God's lead in whatever it is you do from here on out. You are an awesome Christian Man, Husband and Father. You will do great things in life and impact many of people, as you have done all of us here in Easton and @ NewLife.

Margaret: You have definitely been an inspiration to all the Christian Women here in Easton & @ NewLife, including myself. You are an awesome Christian Women, Wife, and Mother. You will also do great things in life along side Aaron.

The both of you take care of Zoe and Evie "Stevie" and give them lots of kisses and hugs from me!

Eve & Zoe: I miss you two so much already. I can't wait to see you girls grow into beautiful young ladies. You two be good to mommy and daddy and don't give them any trouble. I love you girls!

I love all of you and may God bless you and your families graciously.

-Kortni =0)

margaretkellar said...

Thank you Kortni! I miss you so much! God has uniquely gifted you to do many great things. I am so sad that we won't be in Fresno to see you achieve all of the amazing things God has in store for you. You were such a blessing to me during our time in Fresno. It was such a pleasure to watch you grow in the Lord and become the woman of God you have been called to be. I love ya girl! You are irreplaceable in my heart.