Saturday, September 20, 2008

What was I thinking? :)

Okay, so I just finished my first week of full time work in over 4 and 1/2 years. I forgot what it was like to be on my feet for 8 hours straight (we can't sit down at work, except at lunch). I am enjoying learning a new craft and being a part of a team again. The ladies I work with are very nice and have been very helpful and patient with me as I learn the art of compounding. So far, I have learned how to make capsules, creams, gels, troches (which are dissolvable candy-like medications), and rapid dissolve tablets for humans and animals. These are medications that you cannot find in regular pharmacies because of their strengths or the forms they come in. It is very interesting work and I'm finding it to be easier and easier every day. I miss my kiddos and the flexible schedule we had while Aaron was in ministry. But I am grateful for the opportunity to work and help support my family. It is a blessing to have a job in today's economy.

Aaron has found work for the next few weeks! He will be working for a friend of ours doing some kind of demolition in Oregon City. He is currently helping his mom and dad demo their kitchen, so he's getting some good experience. :) He will be moving into the worship rotation at our church in the next few weeks and he is really excited about it. He has learned some new songs including "Everlasting God" (I cannot remember the name of the band who sings it) its really good.

Zoe's Back to School Night was Thursday. We met her teacher and saw her classroom and desk. Zoe is doing well, just a little talkative. Eve will start going to my mom's house all day now that Aaron has found work. Pray for my mom! Eve is very rambunctious and loud and I hope that my mom will be okay with that all day.

1 comment:

margaretkellar said...

I will pass the info on to Aaron. Good to hear from you! Would love to see you and your lovely wife sometime. :)