Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm back...and I'll try to be good. :)


Ugh! I can't believe January 7th was the last time I wrote on this blog! If I have any blog followers left, I apologize. I'm going to try to update you all, one event at a time since then, to get you all up to speed.

The month of January was a cold, windy one up here in Oregon. I can't even tell you how happy I am that the evenings are beginning to stretch out and then sun is staying up a little longer. Yay! We made it through our first winter back! After snowing a few more times in January (a total of 5 seperate snow storms, a little unusual for up here), the sun finally came out a little more consistently.
February was tons of fun, except for an attack of the flu, yes, the real thing. Zoe missed her one and only day of school so far this year because of it and it just so happened to be the day of the Valentines party. One of our fabulous neighbors took Zoe's Valentines to school for her and brought her tons of treats from her friends plus a few extra from Zoe's friend, Asher. Being a full-time working mom is difficult when unexpected things like this pop up. Thank goodness for family and great neighbors. So, yup, I got the flu too. Aaron and Eve managed to ward it off with their immune systems of steel. It was a pretty rough few weeks for us. But...the end of February brought an unexpected and most wonderful visit from Fresno friends, the Benzler's. Their daughter, Sophia, is a few months older than Eve. It was so great to see them and to get caught up on the goings-on of people we knew in Fresno. I brought a big cardboard box home from work that the girls decorated with stickers, crayons, and pens. February also marked a great milestone for Eve...potty training! She was finally ready!

March was a month that flew by for us because of Aaron's work schedule. He has worked long hours, sometimes not coming home at night because of the distance from our house to the work site. It hasn't been enjoyable, but I am thankful that the weekends come quickly on those weeks. I am really enjoying work. I would enjoy, in time, to either get off a little earlier or take a day or two off so I can get Zoe and Eve to and from after school activities. It was not possible this year to get the girls involved in dance or sports because of our work schedules. Maybe next year. My mom is still watching the girls and loving it. She has been so patient with Eve and the potty training. I don't know what I what would do if she wasn't willing to help us out. Next year we plan on putting Eve in pre-school so she can get ready for kindergarten and my mom can have a break a few mornings.

April brought Easter and a new addition to the Kellar family (not us! my bro and sis in law). Baby Sam is due any day now! We cannot wait to meet him! Also another bit of exciting news is my sister is engaged and planning a summer wedding to the man of her dreams, Michael Reed. We are thrilled and cannot be happier with her choice for a spouse. He adores her, we truly couldn't ask for more. Now to plan a wedding in 3 months! They are being very gracious and allowing me to give my input and advice. Mary, thanks for indulging your little sister! Zoe has officially lost 8 teeth! Four on the bottom and four on the top. Here's few Easter pics from a church Easter egg hunt.











3 comments:

Joel Michael:o) said...

What a great long awaited update, yes I see you every Sat. but it's always fun to see pics and hear stories from your week.

canaanamama said...

i'm SO glad you're back! zoe and eve's sweet faces just melted my heart :) thanks for the update, and i'll hope for another sometime soon. love and miss you all...

Renee said...

Thanks for the update. It's been too long. Miss you guys.
Renee